Cadi platelets have dropped again. Last Tuesday she was at 27k, and today she is at 20k. That was not the news we were praying for, and honestly not at all what I was expecting. I am remembering that God is in control, that He is good, that He is loving, and that this is all part of His perfect plan. It doesn't make this easy, but easier.
We continue to wait and see. The Hematologist stated that her IVIG treatment was not effective. There is little else to do at this point. We have to continue to monitor her very carefully and really watch for membrane bleeding and bleeding in her urine/stools. If that happens then they will start her on oral steroids. Cadi's next blood draw is next Tuesday. I know that even an acute case can last for six months, but we were so hoping and praying for this to be over.
Her spirits are up. She is such a joy, and I am not just saying that. She is teaching me so much. Cadi continues to be very, very tired. We are assuming that is still the mono, but despite it all her smiles and laughter continue to fill our home.
If you are new here, you can catch up on Cadi's story here.
Subscribe in a reader