Blogging tips

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

.T-shirts, Tabouli, Tankinis, & Time Out.

First - before you read another word - check out these amazing t-shirts my brother and sister-in-law are selling to raise funds in order to bring home their Ethiopian babies! (Yes, Jamesy is going to have Ethiopian cousins!! {squeal})

Second - while my friend JO and I were having one of our marathon conversations the other day we started talking about our go-to summer recipes. Mine is pesto. Hers is Tabouli. I had heard of it, but I had never eaten it or made it. She told me what was in it, and I decided we had to try it! Yesterday my mom brought me a ton of fresh chocolate mint, so today I threw it together for dinner. It smells amazing! Joanna uses toasted pine nut couscous made by Near East, and so did I. I believe she also puts cucumbers in her salad. I did not today, because I did not have any on hand.


Photobucket

What is your summer go-to recipe? Share below in the comments with us!

Third - my sister shared with me a website that sells absolutely adorable {modest} tankinis and swim suits. I do not think I can reconcile buying one at this time. {bummer} (Unless I return that Land's End one from two years ago..... Is that ethical? Probably not.) But I had to pass this site along. They do have clearanced items! Check out Lime Ricki Swimwear (I am not getting paid or receiving anything for sharing this. I just thought my readers would love the swimwear as much as I do!)

Lastly - I am taking a brief blogging time out. I will definitely be back next Wednesday for Wedded Wednesday, but probably not before then. Cadi finished kindergarten on Friday, and we are officially on Summer Break! Although everything is more relaxed now, it will still take us time to acclimate to a different routine. Plus today is over 90 degrees, my kind of weather, and I want to spend every moment under the sun!


Photobucket


Wouldn't you with this cutie pie??! I cannot resist!

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

PS If you think of it, please pray for Saturday as we have our three month post-placement meeting with our social worker for Jamesy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved