Blogging tips

Thursday, March 3, 2011

.His Hand of Blessing.

O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.

You go before me and follow me.


You place your hand of blessing on my head.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!

Psalm 139:1-6

I am so thankful for these words of truth that were tucked into my heart from my dear friend, JO. Little did I know how much I would cling to these words just hours after she spoke them to me. I am absorbing the truth that God is in front of me, behind me - surrounding me - hemming me in - even in this very moment that is humanly filled to the brim with pain. I am held by God. And, even now, His tender, gentle, loving Daddy hand is softly placing a blessing on my head. I am cradled by my Creator and blessed by His hand. The blessing is for now disguised as a bitter curse, but I know that ultimately it is a blessing and that the pain and suffering, although bitter, has purpose. It is through pain that we experience hope.

We learned today that our document was translated, but the US Embassy refused it. They are claiming that they will only accept a re-translated document from the court. The court will only accept and translate documents on Wednesdays. So on the day we had anticipated being in the air headed to our son, we continue to wait.

But even now God is surrounding us and placing His hand of blessing upon our heads.

And with David I choose to exclaim Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!


Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved