Blogging tips

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

.Staying Occupied.

Our days are a bit slower since finishing up Cadi's preschool last week. We are in limbo waiting for our next step to take with our adoption agency, and I am trying to stay occupied. I thought the 9 months of pregnancy was a long wait for a baby, but this 18-24 month possible wait....ooooh it will be a challenge for me.

My best friend came over yesterday evening to help me tag stuff for our adoption yard sale over Memorial weekend. We got a good head start, and it was nice to be preoccupied for those hours. I have been humbled and blessed by the donations we have received. I have some photos that I may put up here tomorrow.

For the past two days I have been watching a friend's sweet ten month old boy. I wish I could show you his face, but I did not ask permission. You will just have to trust me that he is scrumptious.

Photobucket

His chubby cheeks have gotten lots of love from me!
Cadi seems pretty smitten, too. And Scotty keeps walking up to him saying Hi baby. Be still my heart, is this what I have to look forward to? Having this sweet boy has both occupied a bit of my time and stirred up such intense longing for my own sweet baby.

Scotty finds his own unique way to occupy his time. He runs the length of our house.

Photobucket

Back.

Photobucket

Forth.

Photobucket

Down.

Photobucket

Round and Round.

Photobucket

Where he stops

Photobucket

No one

Photobucket

Knows.

Thanks Scotty. You're a joy and the master at occupying your mommy.

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

6 comments:

Kylee said...

I can't imagine how hard this wait must be for you. I have trouble waiting in between foster placements, and that is no where near 18-24 months. I love, love, love babies they are just so precious!

Praying for God to give you an extra dose of His patience and grace today! It is going to be one exciting homecoming day!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh that Scotty is so very precious. What a cutie pie! Congratulations on your choice to adopt! Wow, what a journey you are on. My brother and sister-in-law adopted from China several years ago, and Kuaile is such a blessing to our family.

Tia said...

It's so exciting to keep up with this new path God has opened for you with the adoption! I pray His blessing on every step of the process! How very exciting!!!!!

Keeping occupied for me is so hard without the kids in school...they seem a little lost and scattered without some sort of schedule. I think this summer I am going to have to plan a little activity each day (mostly of the artsy/craftsy variety!!) just to keep my OWN sanity!!!!

Heather said...

Cute pics of Scotty. Brad goes around and around too. He has that same dog on the string, too. :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

First of all, let me say, Tiffany, that your Scotty is precious....love his hair! Adorable! Don't you just love how kids can occupy themselves in the simplest of ways?

Hang in there....the wait is hard, but the reward is great! What agency are you going through? You're on my prayer list!

Hugs and Blessings,
Tammy

jessie said...

I don't know you and I need to apologize to you- isnt that a funny way to start?
I would like to tell you something-
When I first read your post about God telling you to adopt, and you not having the money, I thought, that seems like a pretty silly idea. And I am a believer! haha. How silly I am! Well God set me down and showed me that this is His plan for my family. And no matter how impossible it seems, He is going to work and make it happen in a mighty way.He also told me I can't say a word of it to my husband until He has changed his heart on the matter. I don't know how long that is going to take, but I realized I have never stepped out in faith and truly let God do the work in me- as if I can "let"him do anything. So can I ask something of you- since I can't tell this to anyone I know? Will you pray for my husband? That God will put adopting families in our path and turn his heart to the plight of the orphan. I am drawn to Ethiopia. We live in a small white town and this seems crazy. But as I am learning- His ways are not our ways.
I am sorry for doubting your call.
Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved