Blogging tips

Saturday, December 17, 2011

.Revamped Birthday Bash.

I had planned a huge birthday bash to celebrate Jamesy's first birthday home with family. We were really excited about it. However, with Cadi being sick we could not continue with our plans. So, sadly, we cancelled the party and had a low key party at home with just the grandparents.

We were going to do an owl themed party, and we had planned to purchase some decorations on Monday. Well, Monday we spent the day in a children's hospital. So no decorations were purchased. Jim did buy a few colorful helium balloons yesterday. I had planned to make a huge owl cake, but no longer needed one. So last minute yesterday I got on pinterest and found a much smaller cake idea. I baked a homemade gingerbread cake, and made cream cheese butter cream frosting. Everything was so last minute and chaotic, and for the record I hate decorating cakes. I do it only because I love my children.

Photobucket

My parents purchased pizza from our favorite pizza place, and we had french fries - Jamesy's favorite foods. So American!

Photobucket

And he enjoyed every bite. I think he knew that yesterday was for him. I hope he felt special.

Photobucket

"Happy Birthday" is one of Jamesy's favorite songs. We sang it to him all day yesterday. However, when it came time to "officially" sing to him with his cake, he buried his face in his hands. It was so cute and funny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He enjoyed the cake.

Photobucket

Gifts were interesting. These were his first ever gifts, and he was not that impressed with opening them. Ha! Cadi gave one of her favorite stuffed toys to him. I thought that was so sweet.

Photobucket

All things considering, yesterday was a nice day of celebration. And for the first birthday ever, Jamesy slept safely as a son in his daddy's arms. To me this was the best part of the whole day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved