Blogging tips

Thursday, May 5, 2011

.Following Through With "I Do" Part 3.

Photobucket


I must admit that I have loved writing this mini series. Today I will answer the last question Bethany gave me, but my husband, Jim, and I have been talking about making this a permanent series on our blogs - my blog from the wife's perspective and his from the husband's. Hmmm...still thinking through the idea. (Any input or interest in that?)

To catch up on Part 1 read here.
To read my husband's response to Part 1 click here.
And yesterday's question was answered here.

I think that today's question is a culmination of the other three.

What are the most important factors in being a Godly wife?

This question may be a bit subjective, but I still think we can look to the Bible to find an over arching answer, and I believe it actually boils down to just one factor, because without this factor we are unable to truly do any of the previous things we discussed the past two days.

Give God the ultimate priority in your life and your marriage.

"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain" (Psalm 127:1).

Every endeavor in our life has to be based on our relationship with Jesus Christ. This definitely includes marriage. Our marriages can only truly be fulfilled if we are allowing Christ to be front and center. The following verses show us our need to put Christ first.

Mark 1:35

Matthew 6:33

I Corinthians 16:2

Proverbs 3:9

2 Corinthians 8:5

I dare say that as wives, who desire to live biblically, if we commit these verses to memory and then choose to obey them, our marriages can be vibrant and fulfilling.

Our marriages must be built on biblical principals in order to truly succeed, and the only way to know what those principles are is to be saturated in the Word. A marriage that is built on the foundation of Jesus Christ can endure any test and any trial.


Luke 6:47-49 Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.

God will be glorified when we build our marriages on His truth and keep Him central to everything, and that is the most important factor to being a godly wife. This doesn't happen overnight. It takes hard work and commitment and is a daily choice, but marriage - like all of our Christian walk - is a process. Our marriages will continue to grow and mature as we grow and mature in Christ.


Do you agree? Disagree? What do you think are the most important factors of being a godly wife?

Thanks for the interaction this week. I have been so blessed.

Photobucket


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved