Blogging tips

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

.Battling Ear infections.

It's time I declare war.

Since October we had been receiving health updates on Jamesy, and he has had ear infections about every two weeks since then. At one point he was diagnosed with chronic otitis media. Simply put - chronic ear infections. I was concerned and prayed consistently that God would protect Jamesy from hearing loss; especially with us being told that he was blind. I thought that once Jamesy came home, and he was no longer being put to bed with a bottle and was receiving better care, that the ear infections would go away. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Jamesy's ear drums have ruptured twice since he has been home, and he has had infections twice. I am not {completely} into homeopathy, but I lean towards homeopathic, natural remedies. So, as you can imagine, I have been pretty distraught over the amount of antibiotics my sweet boy has been on in Ethiopia - and now here in America. It really bothers me to think of the harm this it is doing to his little body. I am not totally against modern medicine, but at the same time I do not put my trust completely in it either. (For that matter my trust is not in homeopathic remedies either....but in my God.) I am my childrens' biggest advocate, and I want to do my research before saying okay to anything that goes into their body or before they undergo a medical procedure. I just think there is often a better way, and that we as a culture turn to prescription medicine and modern procedures far too quickly.

But I also just want to put an end to this before any permanent damage is done to Jamesy's ears. I am willing to go to an ENT and discuss the possibility of tubes. However, if there is a more natural way to rid these infections I am all for it. Jamesy's ear drums ruptured last Sunday, and he has been on antibiotic (his second round - stronger this time - causing all kinds of tummy upset) since last Monday. We have also started taking him to see a chiropractor. He has gone three times now. As of today, his ears are now totally clear, so at this time, we are doing everything we can to prevent infection from happening again. We will continue to have Jamesy see a chiropractor, which helps to naturally open the tubes in his ears so that fluid drains properly, he is eating a large amount of yogurt which has been scientifically proven to help prevent ear infections, and we are going to try olive oil drops infused with garlic, which is known to kill bacteria and yeast in the ear that can sometimes be the cause of infections.



Photobucket


Does he not have the cutest, elfish ears you have ever seen??

Has anyone had any success with another alternative natural method to prevent ear infections? I would love to hear your thoughts. This is our last ditch effort before we have to go a more traditional route.

The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his or her patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.
Thomas Edison

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved