Blogging tips

Monday, May 24, 2010

.Momentous Monday.

Photobucket
To join in for Momentous Monday, please go here to see what it is all about!


I mentioned yesterday that our church sent us away for the weekend. They booked a beautiful hotel for us. We had so much fun enjoying time together in the indoor pool. Scotty was such a ham - sticking his whole face under the water and splashing everyone within splashing distance. We were able to swim twice, and Jim and I were as excited about it as Cadi and Scotty.

I mentioned that Jim had meetings Saturday morning. We were free to do as we pleased for the rest of our Saturday. We decided to take the children to The Strong National Museum of Play. We are trying so hard to reign in our finances and squeeze out money for savings for this adoption that we debated hard over spending the $31 it cost our family. I am so glad we decided to do it. I do not think we will take many, if any, other trips this summer, and this museum was so worth it. I took hundreds of photos, before putting my camera to rest, so that I could really delight in the moment with my family.

Photobucket

We had so much FUN!

We played.

Photobucket

We laughed.

We made memories.

The children were so well behaved and appreciative of this special time as a family. I know I will always remember our afternoon playing together. I am so thankful for moments like this, where we can engage with one another and just enjoy moments as a family.

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

8 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like such a wonderful family getaway!
I love the pic of Cadi holding the ice cream cone. :)

Caroline said...

Looks like a wonderful place and a wonderful time. Pics are great.
Have a wonderful Monday !!

Caroline

Jenilee said...

it is expensive sometimes to do those things but since we don't do that very often, it is a really big blessing for our whole family when we do. looks like you guys had a great time!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliments! Your kids are so adorable. I LOVE Scotty's little spiked hairdo. :-D Just too cute! I think I need to get some hair gel and try that out with my little Parker. He has sooo much hair right now (he hates haircuts lol). Blessings to you friend!

HeidiS. said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Happy for you that you were able to get away as a family- those are always the most fun times!!

HeidiS said...

weird. I left the last message- not sure why it says it was left by "About Me" lol sorry

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Tiffany,

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your family! Those times away do make wonderful memories! Glad you went ahead and went to the museum. I know what you mean though...you rethink every penny saving for the adoption....and believe me, how much you think it will be....it ends up being more! There are so many things that sneak in along the way, so plan for more than you originally thought!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Carrie said...

So neat - love the happy pictures - I'm glad you had a great time! Museums like that are so much fun - I would love to go to this one sometime! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved