Blogging tips

Thursday, April 12, 2012

.She.

She asked for a tea party so innocently, urgently, and sweetly. How could I say no? Her brothers were napping. It was the perfect time for tea.

Teaparty3

She said saucers were a must. I agreed.

She sipped the tea, pinky in the air. I asked her where she learned her tea manners. She replied from my American Girl books.

teaparty4

Of course. I smiled. The books are a constant in her hand. She devours them chapter by chapter over and over.

She giggled and chattered and radiated beauty and light from her eyes.

She is sunshine and girly-ness, a welcome complement to her rough and tumble brothers.

teaparty2
She speaks in a sing-songy voice, and as I sipped my sweet pomegranate tea I willed the moment to freeze for just a moment. I breathed her in and marveled in who she is and who she is becoming.

She is growing up so quickly.

teaparty1

May she never outgrow tea parties.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved