Blogging tips

Friday, December 9, 2011

.There's Just Something About.

Fridays.

They are seemingly magical, as they welcome the weekend ahead. Aaah, I love Fridays and weekends. This week I am really ready for a weekend. Thankful for it.

But before I begin basking in the awesomeness that is a Friday evening (we are driving around to see Christmas lights tonight while sipping our hot cocoa!), I have a few quick photos to share. I am a huge fan of natural light photography. It is so soft and beautiful. This week one of my children spilled water on our home laptop's keyboard. The keyboard is broken {sniff, sniff}. So most of this week I have been using an on-screen keyboard, which in order to type I have to click on each letter with my mouse. Oh. my. Hence the short blog posts as of late. (Right now I am typing on a borrowed keyboard, and my fingers are just dancing! Ha!) Anyway, I am wired in such a way that I feel an insatiable need to create every single day. I feel really lousy if I am not able to be artistic in some way by the end of the day. It's just how God made me, I guess. Many, many days, I create with my words, but since my keyboard was broken that was just not happening much this week. So I decided to begin to really conquer indoor natural light photography. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. I love it when I get a shot technically perfect, but I just have to think soooo much indoors. Outdoor natural light is much, much easier, and is more intuitive for me - therefore more fun.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from this week as I stretched myself with indoor natural light. I am still blowing out some photos in a few places and my white balance is driving me batty. Regardless, I did get a few photos that I am really fond of using my favorite subjects. I love photographing my children. I love trying to capture their personalities, and I try to tell a story with each shot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now off to enjoy my Friday evening with my little (I may not be able to say that much longer) family.

There's just something about Fridays.

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved