Blogging tips

Friday, August 12, 2011

.I Can't Stay Quiet, & I Won't Apologize.

The famine in Africa.

God brings it to mind, and the beautiful people that it is killing, every single day. I have linked to it too many times to count on facebook. I am sure that people think of me as the crazy Africa lady, or the person that tries to guilt everybody into feeling/doing something. I have tried to stay quiet, but every. single. time. the Holy Spirit nudges me again to speak out, and then I get slapped around with this.

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Proverbs 31:8

Photobucket




So even when the photographs make people uncomfortable (even when they make me uncomfortable), I will share them - like the ones that accompany this news article. Because God allowed me to go to Ethiopia and see things that I could never have imagined, I now feel responsible to, at the very least, advocate.

If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them. James 4:17

A group of parents from my agency got together and created Adoption Families for Famine Relief. I love getting on facebook and seeing that my adoption friends are just as passionate as I am, and that I am truly not alone in this. There are a lot of us crazy Africa people advocating hard for the people and the continent that we fell in love with. I love what God does through adoption, and how the biggest rescue comes in the lives of the parents who adopt - not in our children that we adopt. Please, please check out the website. A lot of time, thought, prayer, and discernment went into it. I believe they present great, safe, and trustworthy organizations to give funds too for the famine in Africa.

My Jamesy is from the horn of Africa. These are people created in the image of God with souls. How will we share the gospel if they die? It is estimated that around 800,000 children will die. I cannot even wrap my mind around that - 800,000 precious Jamesy's. It's only because of the grace of God that it is not my Jamesy, but each of those 800,000 represents someone's Jamesy. If my children were dieing because of starvation and dehydration, I would pray the body of Christ would do something and not just sit back and watch.

I need to put things into perspective. Maybe the things that I thought mattered so much for today don't really matter at all. Let's start using our kingdom eyes and stop turning our heads away so that we can soundly sleep on our cushy pillows in our lavish homes at night.




Photobucket



(source)




Just 50 cents is enough to feed one person for one day.

I can't stay quiet about this.

And I won't apologize.


Photobucket

PS I was also contacted by this blogger, Lara, and I was asked to promote her blog to my sweet readers. Her friends hijacked her blog and are throwing her a virtual baby shower in order to raise money to bring her Ugandan son home. (Don't we all wish we had friends like that?!) There are huge prizes being given away to those who donate - one being a sweet dslr camera! Check out her blog for more info. on the virtual shower.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved