Blogging tips

Friday, June 24, 2011

.Pesto Alfredo Recipe - a Match Made in Heaven.

I wrote of my love for Pesto here. I also love Alfredo. This week I decided to do something crazy and marry the two.

Photobucket

Ohhhhhhh myyyy.

I do believe this could possibly be on the menu at The Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Yes, it's that good.

Try it.

If you love pesto and Alfredo than you cannot go wrong with this. Make sure you eat nothing all day long before having this as the calories will carry you for a week! {wink}

But it's worth it.

First make up some fresh pesto.

Then make some Alfredo. Here is my {decadent} recipe. It is actually one of the recipes I created on my own.

My Alfredo Sauce
Ingredients:
1/2 C. butter
3-4 cloves garlic - minced
2 oz. cream cheese
1 C. heavy whipping cream
1 C. milk
2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 oz. grated Asagio cheese
1 egg yolk
fresh grated nutmeg
salt and pepper

Method:
Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and let simmer for a few moments. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add heavy whipping cream and milk stirring constantly.Stir in cheeses until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup of hot sauce and beat in egg yolk to the sauce. Then slowly pour back into saucepan and cook until thickened. Grate nutmeg into sauce and stir in salt and pepper to taste.


Before removing my sauce from the stove I stirred in the fresh pesto that I had made. I did not have fettuccine on hand, so I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles. This was a huge hit for our family! It would also be yummy with some fresh tomatoes stirred in or served with grilled chicken or shrimp.

Please let me know if you give my recipe for Pesto Alfredo a try! (But don't blame me if your shorts do not button the next morning.) And as always feel free to share a favorite recipe in the comments.

Happy Friday, friends!

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved