Blogging tips

Friday, June 18, 2010

.A Full Heart.

Do you have moments like me where you realize just how full your heart is? That you have wondered how it can be that it has not burst?

That's me, right now.

These children and my husband are such a blessing. And to think that God is going to bless us with another member of our family! Wow.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Things have been a little more tense around here, but God has been so gracious to continue to allow me to see the blessings in front of me.

We will not be mailing a check today or our mandatory documents to start our home study. I forgot that we have to do our finger printing first - that is scheduled for Monday. This will give us a bit more time to scrape some money together out of thin air! {wink}

I have given myself today as a deadline for my autobiography. It is eleven pages long so far, and I am only half way done with the questions. oy.

I am having trouble concentrating on the autobiography being that these came in the mail!

Photobucket

These are {some} of the books that will go with Cadi's curriculum this fall. Nine of them are on back order. I really struggled with buying her curriculum because money is tight right now. Finally I bit the bullet, though, as it is a necessity, and I really need to start planning.

As I mentioned this winter, we are using FIAR this fall. It is a literature based unit study in the style of Charlotte Mason. I was so excited when my best friend brought this curriculum to my attention late this past fall. It is exactly how I envisioned a curriculum for our family. I am pretty excited that we are both using this for our family!

PhotobucketPhotobucket


We will concentrate on a story book for at least two weeks. Every morning I will read it aloud, and Scotty will get to be involved in that as well! Then out of the story will flow our subjects - including cooking and Bible. I love how natural this will be. I love that it is a gentle approach to learning and the fact that it incorporates art and the many mediums to art at a young age. Something that seems to be missing a lot today. I will be including Saxon for Math and A Beka for Phonics as I have mentioned before. (My best friend found me our Phonics curriculum for next year at a yard sale for I think $0.50!!)

Photobucket

The only thing that I still need is the Saxon manipulatives. I am praying to find a good deal on ebay!


I am excited about continuing home education and all that God has in store for our family.

My heart is so full.
PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

8 comments:

rameelin said...

Good morning!
I love the pictures. PHave been thinking of you, as always. Was curious about some homeschooling things that you started last year so when you get a free second shoot me an email. I will literally forget after I get done typing this (it's been an early morning). Anyway, can't wait to talk to you. Prayers, as always:)

Unknown said...

Tiffany,

I found your post through Becca (she is a dear friend of mine). I am SO EXCITED for you and your family!!! I love meeting people who have adopted or are in the process. Do you go to church with the Johnson's? If so, I have a friend who goes there as she shared the Johnson's blog with me last year. Currently, we hope to have our daughter from China with us in the next month or so but my husband and I have talked off and on over the past year about adopting from Ethiopia. Our lives have been changed over the last several years, we live for eternity now. Just know that we will be praying for you and know that God is able to do more than we can ask or imagine.

In Christ,
Jennifer

Melissa said...

Wonderful! I love "hearing you talk" about schooling your children! I can tell you really love it!

Pixel Perfect said...

So exciting! Have you heard of vegsource.com

It's a good place to buy used curriculum or swap with other homeschooling mamas!

Have a great weekend!

Christy said...

We just finished the Saxon K curriculum, and I am pretty sure the only things that I had to buy were the linking cubes and the pattern blocks. I got both of them off CBD. The rest of the things - dominoes, playing cards, etc - I could either make or get at the dollar store. Oh yea, the teddy bear counters, but I had those from when I was teaching - maybe you do too? Anyway, it's not as much of a cost as they make it seem like! Have fun planning! I am loving it too! :)

Rebecca said...

I tried to send you an email and it came back to me, when you have time, send me an email at audreyannhuff@yahoo.com and I'll resend the one to you.
Thanks!

Heather said...

Such sweet photos!
That is exciting about the books that came in the mail! I will definitely be looking into that program for home schooling Brad.
My mom home schooled my brothers for a few years and I loved the book they would get.

Nate and Pam said...

I have enjoyed reading through your blog!!!!!! How exciting that we are just about in the same place with our adoptions!!! AND that we are using the same agency!!!!! I have not been to the AWAA Yahoo group yet {things have been a little busy right now!!!} but I intend to. Are you on Facebook???? I'd love to connect with you there!!!!! ~ Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved