Blogging tips

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

.Day #9 of 7.

I am seriously excited tonight! We just finished an amazing small group session. We have been going through Tim Keller's Gospel in Life. This whole study has rocked me to my core. It is probably the best small group study I have ever been a part of. Tonight's topic was Justice - A People for Others. It was on social justice, so you know that Jim and I were pumped from the beginning! I think I could write pages, so much stuck out to me tonight. But the coolest thing that happened is that tonight, May 9, 2012, God planted a tiny seed of a great, big God-sized dream into the heart of our small group. It would be a really amazing way to live out the gospel and social justice right here in our community! Since the dream is just hatching, I do not want to get into details, but I am so excited to see what God is going to do through and with us (and our house)! It was just a fantastic night of scheming and dreaming. This is the kind of stuff I am so passionate about.

Is it 7 related? Honestly I am not sure. I do feel our hearts are more sensitive to the leading of the Spirit right now because of 7, so perhaps it is. That is why I am blogging it underneath the umbrella of 7.

And on another note, I made my tenth and eleventh loaf of bread today, I tried peanut butter on a sweet potato (yummm), we ate a new kind of apple (pink alice) and Jim filleted our chicken in such a way that it tasted like fish to me. Okay, okay, maybe the fish was a stretch!

I have been asked a few times for my whole wheat bread recipe. Here is my go-to, never-fail, whole wheat bread recipe:

035

Ingredients:
2 pkg. active yeast
1/4 C warm water
2 C warm water
1/4 C honey
2 t. salt
3 T oil
6 C. whole wheat flour, divided
1 T butter melted

Method:
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 C warm water. In another bowl, combine 2 C. warm water, honey, salt and oil. Stir in 2 C of whole wheat flour, mixing well. Stir in yeast mixture. Add flour, 1/2 C at a time to make a fairly stiff dough. Sprinkle a little flour on a board; knead dough 10 minutes (I do this with my dough hook and Kitchen Aid). Shape dough into a ball, put in a greased bowl and grease top of ball. Let rise 45 minutes. Punch down, divide in half and knead a little; let rest 10 minutes. Shape dough into 2 loaves and place in two 8x4 greased loaf pans. Split top; drizzle with melted butter. let rise until double in bulk, about 30  minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Yield: 2 loaves.

One last thing, I have had a few 7 related questions in comments and emailed to me, but I have not answered them all. I thought I would answer them in one post. If you have a question, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer them tomorrow.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved