Blogging tips

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

.Intentional Living.

I want to live every day intentionally, but I am noticing that with only 12 days left before our trip to Africa I am putting this into practice now even more than usual. I think part of it is because my heart is already missing my sweet children at the thought of leaving them for 10 days. TEN days!! We have never, ever left them for this long, and the reality of that is now coming to surface. Part of it is also the very real fact that none of us knows what tomorrow holds, especially when the "tomorrow" involves getting on a plane headed to Africa. I am trying not to think morbidly, but that has tugged at the back of my thoughts recently. So, I am trusting my Savior, and living very intentionally. It's been nice as I really, truly focus on each moment given to me. School has been such a joy this week with Cadi! Honestly, most of the time it is, but there is no hurry in me right now, where at times there can be.



Photobucket


For these next two weeks before travel we are studying Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening for our FIAR lessons. We are using an absolutely gorgeous picture book version, and Cadi is in love. I love how the illustrator took some liberties and showed the old gentleman stopping in the woods to enjoy (and feed) the birds and other creatures. He even paused long enough to make a snow angel! The illustrations are so beautiful - drawn in soft, somber gray tones, except for the cheerful colors in the old gentleman's clothes and blanket. I think this is such a lovely way to introduce children to poetry.


Photobucket

Photobucket


Cadi will work on memorizing this Robert Frost poem as well.

Today she tried her hand at writing a poem. This is what she wrote:

I like chicken.
It is great!
But I don't like it
when it's late!
For math today, Cadi and I were able to go "grocery shopping". She had so much fun pricing items, and then figuring out what she could buy with her ten cents. Our Math curriculum is a bit below where she could be academically. However, I enjoy that approach to math, as I struggled very much with it in school. She loves learning - especially reading and math. She is decoding everything - signs on the road, mail, magazines - everything! That is so much fun for me. And even though I taught second grade prior to having children, I am still amazed to be able to witness a child learn to read from the very beginning. I am in awe watching and teaching the process. It is truly a gift and a blessing.
Photobucket


Photobucket

(She could not get any cuter.)

As much as I am dreading leaving Cadi and Scotty behind, I am also thankful for this reminder from God to be intentional and enjoy this special time he has given me with my children right now. I am so excited for what lies ahead. I cannot wait to bring Jamesy into our home and experience moments with him - moments with all three of my children under the same roof! I can't believe it is going to happen, but before it does.......
I have to PACK!!

Photobucket







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved