Blogging tips

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

.A Heart for Orphans.

But understand this is not about me.

Not about my family.

I am not trying to get you all on "my side".

This is about God and the truth of His Word. His Word very clearly lays out our responsibility to orphans.

His Word demands me to speak out about what I know to be true. Some of you already know the truth, but still are ignoring it. I pray that God would break your heart for what breaks His and keep you up at night thinking and praying over the orphans all over the world who have no voice. It is our obligation as Christians to defend them. It is part of the fruit of our faith talked about in James. Without it our faith is dead. Yes, it is that serious!

I have become soft here and let naysayers silence me for a bit. But I have come to realize that when I get to heaven God is not going to tell me Tiffany, you cared too much for the orphans, you talked too much about the fatherless, you made their stories too known, you welcomed too many into your home, and your heart was too big for orphans. I called you, as a believer to take care of these little ones, but you were too passionate. You made people uncomfortable by raising awareness of orphans and speaking boldly about what My Word says in regards to them.

So, I will silence the whispers of Satan and boldly proclaim the truth once again.

The Bible wasn't silent on this subject, Jesus wasn't silent on this subject, and I will not be silent either.

Some of you might still be blinded. I am praying specifically for you.

Please give me your ear for just 30 minutes. Listen to this while doing dishes or making dinner. It is worth your sacrifice of time. Steven Curtis Chapman and Mary Beth Chapman were on Focus on the Family sharing about adoption today. Just listen, please. And if you can honestly walk away from it saying that the Bible demands nothing of you in this area well that is between you and God, and you might as well stop reading my blog.

Here is the broadcast.

Not every family may be suited to adopt....I think most are. Love that quote!!

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice." Proverbs 31:8-9




PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

5 comments:

Kylee said...

I love this post, Tiffany! I'm excited to listen to this broadcast when I get home from class this afternoon...I love the chapmans. SO needing encouragment today, as the words my "friend" told me regarding "not havinv a hear for adoption" are hurting me. I pray people's eyes and hearts are awkakened this month.

Kylee said...

sorry for the spelling errors...I'm on my ipod. I meant to say that when I mentioned the dynamics of my family my friend said "you know, I've never really had a heart for adoption...but I still thinks it's pretty cool." makes me sick, that this girl in a strong Christian family can have that mindset. I'm angry...come soon, Lord.

BARBIE said...

Before I was married, I always thought adoption would be a choice for me. Then I married, had two kids and though we were done. Again, I thought adoption might be an option, but financially how would we swing it? We weren't in a place then to know how to trust God with those things. Six years later I got pregnant again, and 3 years later a 4th baby came. Now I am a 44 year old woman, struggling financially, but who weeps and rejoices over all of the adoption blogs that I read. I give where I can financially, but most of all I pray. And if God ever opened the door for this older woman to adopt, I would jump at the chance! I love you and your heart for His children!

Fin said...

You are certainly not too old to adopt! I was adopted within the country, but I was a child whose parents dropped their rights when I was about 7. My adoptive parents took me in and adopted me when I was nine. My mom was 52 and already had three kids before me (my next youngest 'brother' is 20 years older than me). I hope you can find it in your heart! I plan to adopt someday!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am reading Mary Beth Chapman's new book 'Choosing to See'. I just love it....can hardly put it down. I plan on posting about it when I'm done. I'm going to have to go listen to them on Focus on the Family...thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved