Blogging tips

Friday, June 25, 2010

.Keeping the Little in Little Girl.

There is a rising epidemic in our culture.

Have you noticed it?

The length of childhood, for little girls especially, is rapidly decreasing. It is a sad phenomenon. When I was a child, I can remember playing with my dolls until I was 14 or 15 years old. There was no shame in it, no push for me to grow up. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case today. Everywhere I look I see little girls dressing older, talking older, and acting older.

I'm writing about this over at Raising Homemakers today! Please come join me! I'd love to hear what you think.

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

2 comments:

Lara said...

As much as the concept of Raising Homemakers gives me the heebies (can't I raise a doctor or a lawyer?), this was an amazing article. So true. Thanks for the wise words.

The Anglin Family said...

I struggle with this with Laiken every day. It's so hard to keep them little.I am so thankful my daughter has such sweet and pure heart. Sending the kids to public school and doing sports has invited alot of things into their little lives that I don't like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved