Blogging tips

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

.Adoption Yard Sale.

My home is being over taken by yard sale items! And I am so okay with that. {grin} Our church family, friends, and family members have been so gracious and have donated oodles of things to our sale. I have spent hours organizing and tagging. I just peeked at the weather forecast for what must be the millionth time, and Saturday is predicted to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy. Monday's prediction is mostly sunny and 84 degrees. Perfect. We have already seen God blessing this day! I have prayed so hard for this fundraiser (it is the major one we have planned) - that God would send the right people, that the weather would cooperate, that we can actually fit everything into our yard, and that people would clearly see Jesus in us. For this is not about us. It's all about Him. I am believing that He is going to do great things.

Under the bright beautiful {hot} sun, Cadi and I painted our morning away. I got the idea for this sign off of another blog, and tweaked it for our sale. I am even more convinced after a morning side by side my Cadi that she is very gifted in encouragement. Every step of the way I heard her little voice. Mommy, you are doing great. Mommy you are using perseverance! (We worked on perseverance a lot this school year.) Mommy you are the best painter. etc., etc. She makes me smile. {grin}

Photobucket

I was trying to keep all of the yard sale items upstairs, but we have had to start using the living room. Yesterday a sweet friend of mine brought some really nice country prim Christmas decorations. The snowmen are so sweet!

Photobucket

This is what our spare bedroom (this will be the baby's nursery - it is a walk through from our bedroom) looks like at the moment. Believe it or not this is pretty organized. Ha!

Photobucket

Photobucket


And this used to be our bedroom! Remember how I have mentioned that I cannot sleep well in a messy bedroom? {grin}

Photobucket

The tree is not for sale (my decor) neither is the treadmill.

Photobucket

That trunk is part of my decor as well.


I know of at least four other families who are still donating items for our sale. I will be tagging and organizing those soon. I still have a lot of signs to make up as well. I have also planned a bake sale to go along with the yard sale, but am not sure if we are getting many donations. Unfortunately, it does not look as if I am going to have the time to bake either. Whatever we have, we will sell though.

Could I ask some of my bloggy friends to pray for our adoption yard sale?

It's such a privilege to have people rally around us and support us. Each one is following the command of James 1:27.

Just a quick reminder that we are very close to putting our t-shirt order in, so if you are still interested click here.

Have a lovely day, friends.


PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

8 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! You guys have sooo much stuff. Yes! That is awesome. What a wonderful, loving, supportive group of people God has placed around you. I will definitely be praying for the yard sale along with you. I can't wait to see how well it turns out! Such a wonderful post today, Tiff...thanks for sharing it with us : ). Blessing to you!

Love, Laura

Heather said...

Wow, that is a lot of stuff! What a blessing that your friends have donated their stuff to sell. I'll pray for the weather and that God will send the right people. It looks like you have some really nice things and I know if I came across that stuff at a garage sale I would think I hit the jackpot! (going to garage sales is hit or miss, I went a couple weeks ago and it was a definite miss!)

Jennifer said...

So exciting! I wish I lived closer, I love yard sells and would love to help. I can't wait to hear the results of the event. I know they will be great!

Anonymous said...

I am praying already for the yard sale...please continue to update us, I LOVE hearing about all of it!! :)

Lynn said...

I'm praying for your yard sale! Hope you get tons of money toward bringing your little one home, and hope you're a light and encouragement to everyone that graces your lawn! :)

Jodes and Boz said...

Hi Tiffany! I've become a regular stalker of your blog. Just wanted you to know that i will be covering you guys and your yard sale this weekend in prayer. i look forward to hearing about how successful it was. :-) Also, great job on that sign! I might have to seal that idea as we're having our adoption yard sale in July. ~ jody

Jessica Kramasz said...

Wow - that's a lot of stuff! I will be praying for your yard sale.

brandy said...

We are praying!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved