Blogging tips

Monday, July 27, 2009

.Sweet Stellan.

Stellan (mycharmingkids.net) is very ill again and not doing well. Please, please pray for this 9 month old baby boy and his family. He is currently being airlifted to Boston. We serve an amazing God, Who is so much bigger than Stellan's heart issues! But as humans it is still hard to see this. Makes me question God's ways.

On Friday, we took our 11 month little man, Scotty, into the hospital to see his nephrologist. Scotty was diagnosed with a kidney problem when in utero. When he was born we learned that he had hydronephrosis in his left kidney. A simplistic way of explaining it is that his kidney did not properly push out urine, so some urine remained in his kidney. We went for yet another ultrasound on his kidney and met with his nephrologist back several months ago. At that appointment we learned that Scotty had also developed hydronephrosis on his right kidney and that his left kidney was worse. Although the condition was not life threatening, I was sick knowing that something was wrong with my boy. For the past several months we have been praying that God would completely heal Scotty of this condition. Last Friday our prayers were mostly answered. Scotty's right kidney is 99% clear and his left is only showing mild problems. If he continues this way at his next yearly appointment, he will be completely released from his nephrologist and cleared of the hydronephrosis. Amazing. God is good. We rejoice over this wonderful news!

But I am confused too. Why did God chose to heal MY son in this way? I was not as faithful as I could have been over praying for him. I don't always have as close of a relationship with my God as I should. Yet God was merciful and gracious to my family. And I sit here perplexed wondering why was I the fortunate one? There are so many children out there who are sick like sweet Stellan and need God's providential care. I feel so humbled and saddened reading MckMama's posts. I am fervently praying that God answers prayer for Stellan in an amazing way. I know God's ways are much higher than mine, but I am clinging to the hope that God has years in store for this little guy. Please pray with me.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Carrie said...

thanks for posting this - I have been praying all day, and it breaks my heart, too.

Glad Scotty is doing well!!!

Melissa said...

I like your new blog. I am happy to hear that Scotty is doing better and I will be praying for Stellan.

Unknown said...

praise God for his answer to your prayers for Scotty!

Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved