Blogging tips

Saturday, December 31, 2011

.Embracing the New With Just One Word.

I love fresh starts.

New beginnings.

Mornings.

Birth.

Hope.

And a new year is all of that; brand new mercies poised to wash over me. It's a new life calendar that sits flawless and blank and waiting for me to ink it up. Rather than make a list of resolutions that I am bound to fail at, I am going to cling to a one word theme for 2012. I have been asking the Holy Spirit to bring a word to mind that would encompass every area where I need His growth in my life - where I need His mercy and His grace to flood my soul. My word came to me this morning in the stillness that I spent with my Father.

Self Control.

It's ugly and biting and mocks my pride. But it's the word that I am carrying into 2012.

Photobucket

So this year I am embracing the new year without a list of resolutions and promises that I could never keep, instead I am reaching for that one word - self control. I am pleading with God to show me how to say that's enough for right now. It's a humbling thing to proclaim how much I need this discipline of self control in my life, but I do. It touches every area that I struggle in. I am desperate for it, because without it I will be strangled with self defeat.

Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self control. Proverbs 25:28

If you had just one word to carry into 2012 with you, what would it be? I would love to hear.

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved