Blogging tips

Monday, December 19, 2011

.Christmas Complete the Sentences.

Photobucket


This was supposed to be done on Friday, but I bumped it because I wanted to publish Jamesy's birthday post instead. I think it is too late to link up too, but that is okay!


My favorite part of December is....I really love our Christmas Eve candle-lit service at church. it has been a tradition for as long as I can remember, and I love the anticipation of Christmas day and being able to spend quality time with family.


The Christmas song I can listen to over and over is.... O Holy Night - I think this is the most beautiful and reverent Christmas song ever.


My favorite Christmas gift when I was a child was....This is hard. My parents gave extravagant Christmases, but honestly not one single gift sticks out in my mind. It is the traditions and the memories that I remember so, so well.


If traveling anywhere in the world were an option I would spend Christmas....Hands down, Ethiopia. I would love to scale everything down to celebrating Jesus and serving others alongside my family - nothing else.


Christmas movies are.... cheesy - at least a lot of the new ones! ha! BUT I must watch White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life every Christmas season.


My must have Christmas treats include... Oh goodness, I love Christmas cookies - especially my gingerbread boys, eggnog cookies, cut out sugar cookies, and white chocolate dipped gingersnaps. Ooooh my.


Decorating for the season looks like....It is getting simpler and simpler as God continues to carve into my heart the real importance of Christmas - Jesus. However, I believe we will always celebrate this special season with twinkly lights, a tree, a manger scene, and stockings.


When it comes to Christmas gifts I prefer to...give gifts with a purpose.


The Christmas season makes me feel.... joyful and filled with hope.


To me Christmas means....Jesus.


**Update on my girl and Grandma - Cadi is doing well. She still gets tired easily from having mono. She is really looking forward to singing her solo on Christmas Eve, so I am praying she is well enough to do that. We continue to pray that her platelets are increasing or at least holding steady, and we will know after her blood draw on Thursday.

My grandma continues to be in the hospital. The doctors have gotten her congestive heart failure under control, but there are now several more medical issues that are coming to the surface. I really struggle with seeing my loved ones get older. I know Jim and I are so blessed to both have both sets of our grandparents still alive, and our children to have four sets of great grandparents. All of our grandparents love and know Jesus, and I know this life is a vapor. Please continue to pray for my grandma.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved