Blogging tips

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

.That Could Have been my Jamesy.

This news article has brought me to my knees. In 1984 and 1985 a famine in Ethiopia killed over one million people. If I am the body of Christ. If I am his hands and feet on this earth. What am I going to do? I am not sure yet. I have been in prayer, but being the body of Christ means more than that.

It means taking action.

I am just not sure yet what action to take. I have been in contact with some people in Ethiopia, and am waiting to hear their take on the situation.

Luke 3:11. And [John the Baptist] would answer and say to them, "Let the man with two tunics share with him who has none, and let him who has food do likewise."

Maybe this hits me hard because of the faces of those children I have seen who are dieing. They could have so easily been my Jamesy, except for the grace of God. Only a year ago, it was my Jamesy, being nursed to health after severe malnutrition. A malnutrition we were told that would have killed him.

Christ has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.

I cannot close my eyes to the fact that people are dieing all around me -here and there - and headed to eternal torment in hell. Maybe the body of Christ needs to feed people, keep them alive, in order that they might have the chance for us to share the gospel.

I do not know the right answer. I just know that the wrong answer is to turn my head and close my eyes.




Photobucket






Photobucket
Subscribe in a reader



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved