Blogging tips

Thursday, May 26, 2011

.Remembering.

As I sat rocking Jamesy memories washed over me like tidal waves. Our second trip to Ethiopia is such a blur. We landed in Addis on Sunday morning and had Jamesy forever in our arms that afternoon. I was surviving on pure adrenaline, and that was honestly how I went through much of the second trip. I am glad I walked into the first trip with eyes wide open, and I now see the blessing that it was that we had to go twice. I would have missed so much if the Ethiopian adoption process had not changed to the mandatory two trips.

Photobucket

One precious memory that I never want to forget is that of walking the streets of Addis with my Ethiopian son. Words cannot fully express what it was like, so I won't really try. Everywhere we went with Jamesy people swooned over him - at restaurants, shops, on the streets, in the guest house - everywhere. Jamesy would get his hands and cheeks kissed by almost every person that we encountered.

Photobucket

The culture is so different from that here in America. If I were to walk into a grocery store here and have people flock to Jamesy, kissing all over him, I would be appalled. But it was just different there. After every kiss that Jamesy received most people would look at him and then at us and say konjo (Cone Joe - but you must imagine it in that lovely amharic lilt that rolls off of the tongue like silk)

Photobucket

Konjo

Konjo

Konjo

Photobucket


We heard it over and over and over. I finally learned what it meant, and my heart melted like butter.


Beautiful.


And he is. When I look at him all I see is konjo, and I know that the plan God has for my son's life is going to be beautiful.


Konjo, my Jamesy, you are konjo.

PhotobucketSubscribe in a reader




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved