Blogging tips

Monday, December 20, 2010

.Room for Jesus.

It's Monday, and it's quiet. We are not doing school this week, we have not carved out a crazy or hectic week, and for that I am thankful. Jim is giving me a little time to catch up on reading blogs while he reads to the children. He is such a blessing. He is an intentional, in-the-moment dad, and I know that we are so, so blessed to have him.

As I was reading here in the quiet a blog post jumped out at me here. I wonder how many times I have said no room to Jesus. It's a sobering thought. I know there is still so much of me and my life that needs to be refined. There are these briefest of moments where I feel as if the veil has been lifted, and I can clearly see with eyes tuned towards eternity, then in the next moment I am still staring through a glass darkly. Oh to have the eyes of Jesus, eyes that are blind to the world, to the materialism, the possessions, the pettiness, eyes that clearly focus on eternity and people in light of eternity. This is all temporary, so much of what I have in the past, and still do, run towards is just temporary - fleeting. It will wither and fade. I want to flee from it and open my arms, my home, my heart wide and scream from the roof top I have room!! I have room for Jesus!

But my flesh often times creeps in, and I slam the door shut exclaiming I have no room. Fear invades, the world glitters, relationships hurt, and I shut the eternal out and open back up to the temporal - to the pleasure for a season. It's easier. It's safer. It doesn't look so weird and radical. It doesn't beg questioning and judging as much.

Everyday is a battle. Somedays I lose big time, but I am so thankful that I have victory in Christ.



“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” Matthew 24:40-46


Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved